As per: 21 May 2018
At Wollongong Flowers your privacy is very important to us. We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to protecting customer information.
Register Customer Accounts | Collection of Information
(provided directly to Wollongong Flowers)
If you open an account on our site, make a purchase from our online store or sign-up to our newsletter, you need to provide us with information about yourself, for example:
- If you register as a customer on our website, you will be asked for your name, postal and email address, phone number and other information. As a registered customer with Wollongong Flowers you may update, edit or terminate your customer account at any time. As a registered user you will have the option to log in at https://www.wollongongflowers.biz/my-account/ and delete all your data that has formerly been provided to Wollongong Flowers when registering an account. You agree to maintain and update the information as supplied by yourself to ensure accuracy at all times and are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your own membership account and password. You agree to take responsibility for all activities that occur under your membership account and password.
- If you order flowers or a gift product, you may be asked for your name, postal and email address, phone number and your credit card number. If you order a gift for another person, you may be asked for that person’s name, postal and email address, phone number and other information in order to enable us to deliver the gift to the recipient.
- If you sign-up for our newsletter, you may be asked for your name, postal and email address, phone number and other information. We are using GDPR compliant third parties for our newsletter and you will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from our newsletter, should you ever your mind.
- If you participate in marketing activities such a surveys and competitions, you may be asked for your name, postal and email address, phone number and birth date, and we may ask you to provide other types of information such as gender, personal interests and preferences, which may be associated with other personal information that has been obtained from or about you.
Information We May Collect Automatically
In addition to information you choose to provide to us, Wollongong Flowers automatically collects certain additional information. This may include:
- IP address: When you visit/access and interact with our website, our technological service providers may collect information about your visits in order to permit you to connect to our website services and online shop. We may collect your IP address which identifies the device/computer or service provider you are using (incl. mobile phone providers and geolocation data) browser information, authentication and other soft- or hardware information. We may combine this information with your other information to tailor optimised communication to you that is more to your interests.
- Third Party Tracking. Third parties that support and service Wollongong Flowers’ needs, such as allowing you to share content or the usage for statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information when you use our website. These third parties may also use these technologies, along with activity information they collect, to recognise you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device or computers. Wollongong Flowers does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies.
Information Contained in User Content
Some parts of our website may allow users to post or transmit, for example, messages or comments. You should be careful about what personal information you choose to make public or disclose on our website.
Use and Disclosure
Wollongong Flowers does not and will not sell or deal in personal or customer information to third parties. We will never disclose your personal details, except the necessary information required by providers of products or services you have purchased, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Wollongong Flowers, its customers or third parties, or if required by law. We may, however, use your information in a general sense without any reference to your name, your information to create marketing statistics, identify user demands and to assist it in meeting customer needs generally. In addition, we may use the information that you provide to improve our website and services but not for any other use.
Wollongong Flowers may use information collected from and about you for different purposes, for example:
- to maintain and manage your registered account on our website and process your orders;
- to process and track your product orders and provide you with the information required by you;
- to communicate with you about our products and services you may be interested in and respond to comments and queries;
- to contact you about your order or notification of changes on our website, service and policy.
- to deliver relevant ads and product specials to you, either directly or via marketing channels you have been visiting. If you would like to opt-out of these messages and/or emails, please use the unsubscribe instructions providedin these communications;
- to improve the quality of our business and the products and services we offer;
- in accordance with your consent.
In order to make our content, services and advertising more interesting and relevant to you, we may use the information we collect from and about you to make inferences and predictions about your potential areas of interest. When the information collected from or about you does not identify you as a specific person, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Wollongong Flowers website has a number of commercially reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
All user credit card information is securely communicated using secure socket layer (SSL) software, which is the industry standard and among the best software available for secure commerce transactions.
Notwithstanding these efforts, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information on the Internet and we caution you treat sensitive information accordingly. Wollongong Flowers undertakes the ongoing effort of monitoring the full functionality and accuracy of services we use to make this website as secure as possible.
User Access and Control
If you would like to review, correct, update or delete use of your personal information you have previously provided directly to us, there are different options available:
- If you would like to delete your profile or any comments made on our website as a registered user, please log in at https://www.wollongongflowers.biz/my-account/ and delete selected or all data that has formerly been provided to Wollongong Flowers when registering an account.
- If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these emails be clicking “Unsubscribe” or “Update my Preferences” at the bottom of any marketing email.
- If you continue to receive our communications in error after expressing an opt-out preference, please let us know so that we can investigate the situation.
Other Important Information
Location and Retention of Data
If you cancel your account with us or clear caches, or if you ask us to delete your personal information, copies of the provided information from your account may remain accessible/viewable for a specific period of time due to the nature of caching technology. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancellation or your request for deletion, for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security or recordkeeping policies. It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information due to technical constraints or, contractual, financial or legal requirements.
Thank you for visiting our website. We are more than happy to have a chat about anything you have seen on this website, so please don’t hesitate to contact us using the above details.